入学要求为理科：HSK 4级（180分以上），文科：HSK 5级（180分以上）。
毕业要求为理科：HSK 5级（180分以上），文科：HSK 6级（180分以上）。
入学要求：雅思6.0分及以上，托福85分及以上（或TOEFL Essentials 9分及以上，南京大学的托福成绩接收代码为C288），多邻国100分及以上。
1. 2022年11月1日至2023年1月20日期间，登录南京大学国际留学生在线服务系统https://nju.17gz.org/ ，进行网上注册与申请（学习项目请选"中国政府奖学金"）。
5）个人陈述（个人陈述模板 Template of Personal Statement）；
4. 收到预录取通知书的同学，请务必在2023年3月17日以前登录国家留学基金委的网上报名系统http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ ，进行网上注册与申请（受理机构编号请填"10284 "，留学项目种类请选"B "）。提交申请前，请仔细阅读 中国政府奖学金来华留学管理信息系统操作流程中国政府奖学金申请材料清单。提交申请时，需上传南京大学的预录取通知书（申请博士的同学还需要上传经导师签名确认的个人陈述）。（如果在获得预录取通知书以前已经提交了申请，请先撤回申请。上传预录取通知书后，再次提交申请。）获得南京大学预录取通知书的同学，如果没有在3月17日以前在CSC系统上按要求提交申请，视为自动放弃南京大学的推荐机会。
※ 请务必确保在http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ 上提交的材料和https://nju.17gz.org/ 上的一致，国家留学基金管理委员会（CSC）将组织专家对学校推荐的申请人进行终审，申请材料将作为CSC确定最终录取结果的重要依据（并非每位获得学校推荐的同学最终都能获得奖学金）。
2023 Chinese Government Scholarship (Type B) High-Level Postgraduate Program
Chinese Government Scholarship is a scholarship set up by the Chinese government to facilitate students and scholars from all over the world to conduct their study and research at Chinese universities. The scholarship aims to increase mutual understanding and friendship，to develop the communication and cooperation between China and the rest of the world in the field of education, technology, culture and economics.
Nanjing University was founded in 1902, is well-known for its strong academic portfolio and outstanding professors. In fact, Nanjing University is one of the top 5 universities in China under the direct supervision of the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Nanjing University is located in the heart of a historical city: Nanjing. It is surrounded by beautiful scenery, it has a picturesque environment and accessible transportation. Today’s NJU consists of 4 campuses: Gulou, Pukou, Xianlin and Suzhou. Up to now, over 30 schools and departments have been developed at Nanjing University. Currently, it hosts over 30,000 students, offering about 80 undergraduate programs, over 170 master's programs and more than 60 doctoral programs. Nanjing University adopts a credit system, and after acquiring the total number of credits for the degree and successfully passing the oral defence of the Graduation Paper, the students can apply for graduation.
STUDENT TYPE: Master's and doctoral students
1. Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be healthy both physically and mentally.
2. Academic background and age limit:
Applicants for a master's degree must have acquired their bachelor's degrees, and should not be older than 35.
Applicants for a doctoral degree must have acquired their master's degrees, and should not be older than 40.
※ For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2023, they should submit a pre-graduation certificate to guarantee that they have the competence to complete their study and acquire the degree by July of 2023.
3. Language requirements:
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CHINESE-TAUGHT PROGRAMS:
Natural sciences, engineering & medicine: HSK level 4;
Liberal arts, social sciences & business: HSK level 5.
Natural sciences, engineering & medicine: HSK level 5;
Liberal arts, social sciences & business: HSK level 6.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ENGLISH-TAUGHT PROGRAMS:
Admission requirement: IELTS 6.0/TOEFL 85/TOEFL Essentials 9/Duolingo 100;
Graduation requirement: HSK level 3.
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will not be accepted.
※ Students who have been granted other Chinese scholarships or funding （2023-2024） are not eligible for this scholarship. If a student was found to have the Chinese Government Scholarship and another Chinese scholarship at the same time, his/her Chinese Government Scholarship would be canceled immediately, and he/she would be required to return the scholarship that he/she had received before. Those who deliberately concealed the truth would not be permitted to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship again within 3 years.
YEAR LIMIT OF SCHOLARSHIP:
The study duration is 2-3 years for master's students, and 4 years for doctoral students.
REGULATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR ANNUAL REVIEW:
Scholarship students should study full-time at Nanjing University, and obey the university’s rules and regulations. The study, research, and thesis writing should be finished at the university. No long-distance education is permitted. Transferring school is not allowed either. Principally, students are not allowed to leave school, including visiting parents, referring to learning materials, or doing an internship during the school year unless during holidays. If there is an emergency, students can leave school with the permission notice of their advisors and departments along with the approval of the Institute for International Students. If a student violates the related regulations or leaves the university during the school year without any permission, his or her scholarship shall be suspended or even canceled.
According to the regulations of the Chinese Scholarship Council, all scholarship students should take part in the annual review of the scholarship qualification. The time for annual review is from March to May every year. After the review, those who are qualified can keep their scholarships, while the scholarships of those who failed the assessment will be suspended or even canceled.
1. Allowance: During the scholarship duration, a monthly stipend of RMB 3,000 and RMB 3,500 will be provided for the master’s and doctoral students, respectively.
2. Tuition: Tuition will be waived.
3. Health Insurance: An insurance fee of RMB 800/year will be offered to the students during the scholarship duration, and they will be required to purchase the insurance accordingly.
4. Lodging: Free lodging in the international dormitory of the university will be provided for the students for the entire duration of the scholarship.
1. Between Nov. 1, 2022 and Jan. 20, 2023, register and apply at NJU’s China International Student Service System: https://nju.17gz.org/. (For the program type, please choose "CSC Scholarship".) The following documents will need to be uploaded.
1) Academic transcripts (applicants for the doctoral programs are required to upload the transcripts of both the bachelor's and master's programs);
2) Certificate of your highest diploma;
3) Two recommendation letters from the professors of the school you last attended (should be provided by professors or associate professors, and shall describe the applicant's objectives of learning in China, comprehensive abilities, and evaluation of future growth, as well as the cooperation between the supervisors or the exchange between universities both in China and abroad);
4) HSK test certificate (for the Chinese-taught programs) or IELTS/TOEFL/Duolingo test result (for the English-taught programs);
5) Personal Statement (个人陈述模板 Template of Personal Statement);
6) List of papers published in professional or scientific journals & representative papers or abstracts of articles (optional);
7) Physical examination report 南京大学外国人体格检查记录 (must cover all the items listed in the form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid; test results obtained within 6 months);
8) First page of your passport;
9) Non-criminal record (obtained within 6 months);
10) Applicants for doctoral programs also need to supply the abstract of their master's program's graduation dissertation.
11) Those who apply for the programs of Architecture and Urban Planning need to submit a portfolio of relevant works.
2. After submitting the online application, you will receive feedback on our initial review within 3 workdays; if you received notices for resubmission, please re-upload the documents as required by the application deadline.
3. The applications that have passed the initial review will be transferred to the relevant schools/departments for further assessment in mid. Feb. 2023, and the result will be sent via system message and email in the first half of Mar. 2023. Those who have passed the further assessment will receive the pre-admission letter issued by Nanjing University (an applicant for the doctoral programs will also receive his/her personal statement with the supervisor's signature on it).
4. Before Mar. 17, 2023, those who have received NJU's pre-admission letter are required to register and apply on the CSC website (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/. For Agency No., please fill in "10284"; for Program Type, please choose "B"). Before applying, please read Instructions for Chinese Government Scholarship Information System (CGSIS) and Chinese Government Scholarship Application carefully. In the process, you will need to upload NJU's pre-admission letter (an applicant for the doctoral programs also needs to upload his/her personal statement with the supervisor's signature on it). (If you have already submitted the application on the CSC website before obtaining the pre-admission letter, please withdraw the application first, upload the letter, and then submit the application again.) If an applicant who has obtained NJU's pre-admission letter didn't submit the application at the CSC website before Mar. 17, we would assume that he/she had chosen to give up the nomination by Nanjing University.
※ If one of the original documents is neither written in Chinese nor in English, please also submit a notarized Chinese or English translation.
※ The applicants are responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the submitted information and documents. If any dishonesty or falsification was found, the application would be invalid.
※ Please make sure that the documents uploaded to http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ are the same as what you submit at https://nju.17gz.org/, as the CSC will organize experts to evaluate your qualification again, mainly based on the documents you submit, before making the final admission decision. (In other words, not every student nominated by the university will be awarded the scholarship eventually.)
ADMISSION & REGISTRATION:
1. After receiving the CSC’s final decision, Nanjing University will inform the applicants via email and system message, as well as post the admission documents to the new students. (Currently, it is difficult to predict when the final admission result will be announced. For your reference only, last year the result was announced in the first half of Jul.)
2. The new academic year is expected to start at the beginning of September 2023. You will find the specific dates of registration on the admission notice.
3. When coming to NJU to register, the new students will be required to bring the admission notice, JW201 form, physical examination report, original highest diploma, etc. for the qualification review. (If the original copy is neither written in Chinese nor in English, a notarized Chinese or English translation will need to be submitted.) The scholarship of those who didn't pass the review would be canceled.
For further inquiries, please contact:
Ms. Zhong Qiaorui
Institute for International Students
RM. 514 Zeng Xianzi Building,
18 Jinyin Street, Nanjing 210008, China